The Data Dictionary makes the idea of “Information = Data + Context” feasible - it enables data and context to be brought together in a simple, modern and collaborative way.
Certain features of Semanta are common to all its modules - these include, search, navigation and social tools, and integration with other information assets. Data Dictionary, however, offers the following unique Key Features:
- Links between data definitions and its business context - data is able to be linked to terms, reports and documents.
- Information architecture - it is ready to absorb multiple database platforms and modelling tools.
- Technical data documentation - it is ready to absorb source to target mappings, rules, and full data definitions.
- Integration with other information assets in Semanta - relationships to terms, people, data.
- Integration with operational metadata - Data quality statuses.
Read more in our Blogs