We at Semanta understand that the security, confidentiality and availability of our customers' information are vital to their business operations. We use industry best practices and modern technology to keep the Semanta service secure. A multi-layered approach is taken to protect all key information, constantly monitoring and improving our applications and processes to meet the growing demands and challenges of security.
- Users are managed in the Semanta application using web GUI.
- A user can use password manager (LastPass, OnePassword ...) for auto-login.
- Customer IP addresses are white-listed i.e. users can login only from customer site(s). (recommended)
- SSL connection encryption (https://...).
- Server file system encryption (256-bit AES).
- Daily backups.
- Dedicated instance for each customer.
- Two factor authentication is required for system administrators.
- A customer VPN to Semanta VPN gateway connection is established.
- A list of active users is regularly generated and uploaded to the Stage server (LDIF or CSV file).
- The Semanta LDAP is synchronized with the customer's LDAP, based on the list of active users and their roles.
- A user authentication is done by customers proxy server which includes REMOTE_USER variable into each request towards Semanta instance.
- The Semanta LDAP authorizes users (membership in the respective user groups).
- A personal VPN certificates
- One-time-password VPN authentication
Independent Audits of Infrastructure, Services, and Operations
- SSAE16 / ISAE 3402 Type II:
- SOC 2
- SOC 3
- ISO 27001
- ISO 27017
- ISO 27018
- PCI DSS v3.0
For more info read our