The business language we use is understandable to our closest professional colleagues, but is it understandable to those from other departments? Is it understandable to our partners or the customers we serve? A core pre-requisite for making your business communication understandable is to capture and define the acronyms and terms used everyday in your different business departments and to make them accessible to all your business peers. Semanta's Business Glossary is designed to make that happen.
Certain features of Semanta are common to all its modules - these include, search, navigation and social tools, and integration with other information assets. Business Glossary, however, offers the following unique Key Features:
- Multiple dictionaries - terms are organised into dictionaries, and each term has key governance attributes making them easier to control and manage.
- Life Cycle - a practical workflow that ensures terms are updated, approved and published in a controlled way.
- Impact analysis - terms are connected to their contexts via relationships. These provide a basic view of the assets that are related to or influenced by them.
- Governance support - through the implementation of ownership, life cycle support and dependencies concepts.
- Import & export - support for the importing and exporting of dictionaries.
- Integration with the other information assets in Semanta - people, data, reports, etc.
- Integration into the front-end of reporting platforms - via Air for Web, Air for Office.
This is how it looks to your business people.