What's included in the basic service?
Within the basic Semanta Cloud service we provide:
- HW infrastructure.
- SW licenses and updates.
- Installation and basic configuration of the software.
- Basic Security i.e. HTTPS, IP whitelists, daily patches.
- 99% Uptime SLA.
- Automatic Backups.
- System Administration.
- Technical Support.
- Connector operation - the automatic upload and publishing of your metadata.
- Initial Training - 2x2h online sessions.
What additional services are available?
For more complex or larger installations we provide the following additional services:
- Advanced or custom installation and configuration.
- Advanced integration e.g. LDAP, VPN, or single-sign on, integration with a customer's systems.
- Technical or development consulting.
- Advanced training with the product.
- System Restore.
- Additional metadata uploads - on top of the basic service.
- Content Manager as a service.
Additional services are charged as extras.
How is the uploaded metadata processed?
We have dedicated cloud instances deployed with metadata connectors and these are used to process the metadata inputs that are to be loaded into your instance. In the basic service we expect that the metadata will be uploaded:
- for Semanta Cloud 10, 25, 50 - once per week per connector.
- for Semanta Cloud 100+ - 2 times per week per connector.
Licensing and pricing
What is the price and how is the cloud licensed and paid for?
The license is issued according to the number of authorised users. Semanta offers the following options for the number of authorised cloud users with access: 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 and 2000. The price is quoted per month and paid upfront. The initial minimum commitment for Semanta Cloud is 6 months.
Contact us and we'll send you our price list or prepare an offer specially for you.
Is there an "Academic" licence?
Yes, Academic licenses are provided with a 20% discount.
What is an authorized user?
A Semanta user is any user that can login to Confluence. Anonymous users may also be granted access and do not count against license totals.
How is a connection to Semanta Cloud protected?
All communication between you and the Semanta Cloud is protected by an SSL certificate PKCS #1 SHA-256 with RSA Encryption issued by Thawte Inc. certification authority.
HTTPS is fine, but not enough for us, can you provide a more secure connection?
Yes, we can. We support virtual private network (VPN) connectivity. There are two VPN scenarios possible:
- a connection to your intranet via a VPN gateway so your Semanta Cloud instance is accessible only from your intranet.
- Your users have a VPN client installed on their notebooks and connect directly to Semanta Cloud even when they are on the move and not connected to your intranet.
What is your default VPN configuration?
Our default VPN authentication is a combination of X.509 certificate and a OS account password.
Do you support client specific VPN configuration?
Yes, we do. However, any customisations are billed.
Do you support LDAP integration?
Yes, we do. All our servers are connected to Semanta LDAP. There are two possible integration scenarios:
- You allow us to connect to your LDAP via VPN.
- You provide us with a LDAP export and we import it into our LDAP.
Do you support single sign on?
Yes, we do in the following scenario:
- There is a VPN gateway to VPN gateway connection between your intranet and Semanta Cloud.
- Semanta Cloud is connected to your LDAP or Semanta LDAP is synchronised with your LDAP (no need to store passwords in the Semanta LDAP).
- All outgoing traffic from your intranet goes through a reverse proxy which makes the user authentication whatever technology you support in-house .
- Successfully authenticated users are identified in the HTTP request header (REMOTE USER).
- Semanta Cloud uses the REMOTE USER variable as a user ID.
How do you protect Semanta Cloud against new threats?
Everyday we automatically update and patch all of our instances with the latest versions of the relevant software distributions that they run on.
How can I upload my metadata or other content to Semanta Cloud?
The easiest way is to upload your metadata (e.g. PowerDesigner data models, Oracle database metadata dump …) is to drag and drop it into a Semanta Cloud upload page. We also support scripted uploads using SFTP for regular updates of metadata.
How is my data protected against loss?
We back up all data every night.
How are backups protected?
All backups are encrypted using RSA 4096bit key.
How are servers physically protected?
The servers are hosted in a data centre which is under surveillance 24x7x365. Access authorisation is made by a magnetic card and personal PIN.